Saturday, June 20, 2015

Using the correct terms in your writing

My Confirmation report is very close to be completed. I've got 84 pages (including everything) and 124 references in the report. (Too long as a confirmation report...😱 ). At the moment I'm just really working on the final finish up, which is to fix some of the terms.

Using the right terms in your writing is extremely important. Keeping it consistent in the whole document is the difficult part. 😩

Eg:

Procedure --> Methodology
Factors --> Impact

I've also used "impact" in other section meaning slightly different thing so I've changed "impact" to "influence" to differentiate it.

If you know your topic well then you would know which word would be more suited. Fixing the writing to keep it consistent can be time consuming but is necessary.

I often forget about some of the writing in the diagrams. Luckily I saw one mistake in one figure and I've decided to check all of them! 😁

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will appear once it has been approved.